Subject: Re: Helpful info
From: "Ron Bourgoin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:21:12 -0400

I'll tell you what I'd like to see, Tim.
I'd like to see an application of hyperconductors.
My past friend, Professor Robert L. Carroll, used to say a heat pump
could be made with those conductors.
Let's look at a few facts: individual electrons in the hyperconductor
have to be moving at superconduction speeds, which is about 100,000
meters/sec.
If we could make a junction of ohmic conductor, such as copper, and
hyperconductor, and pass current from the Cu to the Bi, electrons, which
in the copper travel at about 0.02 meter/sec, would be accelerated by
nine orders of magnitude.
When I was a kid, I used to play with vacuum tubes. The filaments of
these tubes would get very hot, so hot in fact that they should have
melted, but a phenomenon called "cathode cooling" prevented them from
melting. "Cathode cooling" was the absorption of heat by electrons as
they were boiled off the cathode, or filament.
Carroll thought "cathode cooling" would occur at the Cu-Bi junction.
The cathode wouldn't be getting hot, but electrons there would absorb
heat from whatever was in their ambient environment.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that we'd have heating at
opposite end as electrons leave the Bi and enter the Cu.

Carroll and I worked on a design of a pipe within a pipe with the Bi
hyperconductors in between, arranged like spokes on a bicycle wheel.

If the thing works, you have a solid-sate heat pump that you can
retrofit in your ductwork. All you need is a fan in the ductwork to move
air.

Make the current go one way, and you have cooling; make the current go
the other way, and you have heating.

You'll have a hard time believing this, but nobody gets real excited
about seeing hyperconductors work. Some people think they're filaments;
some think they're thin films; some think they're doped polymer
molecules; some think they're organic superconductors. Quite personally,
I don't care what configuration they take. All I know is that I begin
with something that's half a million ohms' resistance and end up with
zero at room temperature. The electrons I'm quite sure couldn't care
less whether we call them hyperconductors, perfect conductors, or
superconductors. 

My suggestion, therefore, is to make something with these conductors
that exploits their unique behavior, and I believe the solid-state heat
pump is a good item to start with. It'll be a challenge, but I believe
it can be done.

I'm not in the lab anymore because I've developed a hypersensitivity to
the resin, but I'll be happy to guide someone through the project.
Surely there's somebody out there excited enough about new science to
try it!

If you'll send me your fax number, I'll be happy to send you Carroll's
rough drawing. Dr. Carroll passed away in 1997, and I'm sure he would be
excited to know his idea was being investigated.

Other than family, we can't have personal phone calls at work, and I'm
almost never home, except Sunday nights. If you want to call me then,
the number is 252-937-6040.

Until next time,

Ron

e -- 
this is sorta-kinda a variation on cold-fusion using a rotating
plasma-vortex for direct-energy production. The physics are pretty
innaccurate -- their process is mostly proprietary, but they are doing
great
research and getting power-production as we speak.

Thanks;

Tim Ventura
Phone: 425-820-5675

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ron Bourgoin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 11:59 AM
Subject: Helpful info

> Hi Tim,
> Looked around to find info to help you.
> These are old numbers, but maybe still current:
> Shell Chemical Co, Houston, 713-439-1000
> Shell's small quantities distributor: Acme, Dallas, 1-800-989-4050
> Ask for flakes. If no flakes, get beads.
> EPON-1001-F is a low molecular weight solid epoxy resin derived from
a
> liquid epoxy resin and bisphenol-A. The heating with the Bi allows it
to
> harden very well for your purposes. You don't need a hardener. A
> hardener, as a matter of fact, creates sufficient turbulence in your
> mixture to break the conductor.
>
>
>
> CERAC,Inc., Milwaukee, 414-289-9800
> Particle size: Fisher size <10 microns, -325 mesh, highest purity.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Ron
>
>
>