Subject: Correction
From: "Ron Bourgoin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:56:43 -0400

Hi Tim.
I reread what I sent you yesterday and found an error: mix 100 grams of
bismuth powder with the 100 ml of molten resin.

The above quantity is enough for 2 samples.

While the 1st sample is being made, remove the mixture from the oven.
When you're ready to make the 2nd sample, return the mixture to the
oven for 15 mins.

With either the 1st or 2nd sample, wait about 2 mins. before you supply
power from the power supply. This will give the hot mixture in the TFE
cavity time to stop bubbling.

A CAUTION!---Please remember that polymer fumes are carcinogenic, so
make sure you heat the mixture in a well-ventilated space.

Further info:
Position the pin tips as near the center of the TFE cavity as possible.
That usually means the bottom pin extends in the cavity 1-1/2". One inch
of pin (if you're using a 3" tungsten pin) will extend out the bottom of
the beaker. I used to use a 1-1/2" thick C-shaped piece of wood under my
beaker.

I hope I got this info to you on time.

Ron