Subject: More regarding Biefeld-Brown and its variants
From: "Marc G. Millis" <[email-masked]>
To: "Tim Ventura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:30:00 -0500

From an internal report:

An article appeared in the May 11, 2002, issue of Wired.com/news, by 
Michelle Delio, about the controversial, and as-yet unresolved, 
"Lifter" effect; also known as "Asymmetrical Capacitors," 
"Electrogravitics," and the "Biefeld-Brown effect (circa 1955)." 
This effect claims anomalous thrust from high-voltage capacitors, and 
therefore, falls within the scope of Breakthrough Propulsion Physics 
(BPP).  Marc Millis was quoted in the article.  The version cited in 
the Wired article is from Tim Ventura, a UNIX programmer for AT&T 
Wireless.  This topic is controversial because most of the recent 
work, work that was not coordinated with the BPP Project, has focused 
on promoting claims rather than on credibly resolving the unknowns, 
and has published these claims in inappropriate venues.  Such 
activities have tainted the overall credibility of BPP research, by 
association.  Fortunately, a new effort, involving a reprogrammed 
Congressional earmark, has been tasked to conduct an independent 
experimental test of these "Asymmetrical Capacitor" claims.  This new 
effort, managed by MSFC's Gary Johnson, involves a MSFC-managed 
earmark to the West Virginia Institute for Software Research (ISR). 
This work is now being coordinated with BPP Project.