Subject: RES: New two-body system
From: "ivelucas" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Tim Ventura'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 13:12:36 -0300

Dear Mr. Ventura:
Thank you for your kind comments and interest.
The device is a two-body system, interacting thru appropriate geometry, 
counter-rotatable inside an angle no greater than 90 degrees. 
The first body has a straight portion with a weight engaged at its
distal end and a semi-circle portion, at its proximal end, attached to
a semi-circle cavity in the second body. This second body is curved,
with two extremities, each extremity having one impulsive force provider
element - in the graphics sent you, these are springs. 
In each extremity of the rotation angles, equal and opposite impulsive
forces
are applied respectively on the first body straight portion proximal end
and on
the second body extremity of the moment. Under the force applied on the
its
extremity, the second body tends to move in a straight path paralel to
the force,
causing a recoil. This is avoided by the first body, becouse under the
force
applied on its straight portion proximal end it tends to rotate around
its mass
center due to the presence of the weight on its distal end. 
As a result of the this initial interaction, under the impulsive forces
at the
begining of the cycle, the two bodies are made to counter rotate around
the
system rotation center, in an unbalanced fashion.
Starting to unbalanced rotating, the bodies mass centers tend to follow
a
straight path, jumping the set forward. 
Energy was introduced on the system in the compression of the spring at
the
begining of the cycle. 
The second step is to explain energy transfer from the counter-rotating
bodies
to the linear motion of the system. This is accomplished noting that the
trajectories
followed by the bodies mass centers are parabolic paths, and during
their rotation
following the parabolic, they transfer energy to the system linear
motion - the
same dynamics of central force motion. With this, Newton's third law can
be
satisfied.
At the end of the angle, the bodies interact again until stop,
compressing the opposite
spring (or other force provider), more energy is added and a new cycle
starts and so on.
 It is mandatory that the impulsive forces applied on the two bodies be
tangential to the
circle around the system's rotation center, as is achieved easily with
springs, but
could also be achieved with cylinder and pistons operating with internal
combustion,
compressed air or steam.
I am enclosing two graphics of the free body diagrams and a third with
one possible
embodiment of an engine with the above principle as a core, to be
operated with
electric power, employing an open electric motor, whose field coils are
fixed to
the second body and the first body semi-circle portion as armature.
In the case you need more details, please let me know.
For your interest and kind attention, thank you very much.
Best Regards,
Jorge R. Claro
Annexes: jpg graphics

 

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Tim Ventura [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 29 de setembro de 2003 21:52
Para: ivelucas
Assunto: Re: 

Dear Jorge:
 
I love your graphics -- great job on those! I'm having trouble
visualizing the system, despite the excellent graphics. Can you explain
it more simplistically? My apologies for being rather slow to understand
the idea.
 
Tim Ventura
http://www.americanantigravity.com